1, You must be a photomanipulator to join. Evidence of photomanipulations must be in your gallery.
2. You must stick to the theme given. If you have questions, you can ask Aeirmid
for clarification. Do not ask other teams, as they may have different themes.
3. You must use only legitimate stock; using work that is not legitimate stock will result in disqualification of the team. Remember that sxc.hu requires permission from the original stock photographer for use in photomanipulation.
4. You must credit all resources AND notify stock providers of use (if required); not doing so can result in disqualification.
5. Final manipulations are due to CRPhotomanipulation
at 11:59 PM US Pacific Time on the date indicated above (March 15th, May 1st, June 15th, and August 1st).
6. All manipulations must be new (submitted on or after February 15th, 2014) and made specifically for this contest. Please state that your entry is for this contest in your artist's comments.
7. Entries must be photomanipulations or Mixed Media deviations that make good use of stock photographs. The main focus of your deviation must be photomanipulation.
8. If you are working in pairs, only one person needs to submit to CRPhotomanipulation
. This person should include a detailed statement of WHO DID WHAT in their artist's comments. Without this statement, we will consider the team to only have 1 person, and the person not submitting will be eliminated.
9. Do your own work (exception: if you're working as a team, you can use your partner as well).
I started with a partner, but he/she dropped out. Now what?
You can (1) continue on your own, (2) select a partner from the last team you eliminated, or (3) drop out also.
Do partners have to split their winnings?
No; each winner, and not each team, receives points.
What if I don't like the theme my opponent gave me?
We will screen each theme before distributing them to you to make sure they're fair. Part of the point of this game is to rise to any challenge presented to you. So, suck it up and do your best.
I can't find stock for the theme the other team suggested.
If you've really looked hard and you can't find stock (and it's not just an issue of lack of motivation or imagination), please let Aeirmid
know so she can offer some guidance.
What if I have to drop out? August is a long time away.
If you need to drop out, we can replace you with the person or team who you last eliminated. We know everyone goes on vacation, has exams, etc. We are allowing full months for manipulations to be created. We hope that will enable you to plan accordingly.
How to Register
There are only 24 slots available in each division. (That means 24 intermediate artists, and 24 advanced/pro artists.) Therefore, spots are limited. So there is no scramble, we are giving you until January 25th to allow you to decide whether you are committed to the project and who you want to work with (or if you want to work alone). Look for a registration journal on the 25th with further information. In the meantime, if you want to work with a partner, go get one!
Good luck to all, and watch this space on the 25th for sign-up information!