deviantART policy defines a DD as an image that [a staff member or volunteer] finds impressive or otherwise interesting enough to deserve being brought to the attention of the community-at-large. In other words, it is a deviation that ROCKS and that we think everyone should have the pleasure of seeing!
DDs are important because:
- They bring personal exposure to the artists who are featured AND, to a lesser extent, to the artists who suggest them
- They bring attention to the photomanipulation community and show everyone what we are all about
- They provide a way of touching or influencing people on a large scale by providing a powerful message
- They give people something to strive toward and serve as a source of pride.
While I select Daily Deviations, YOU are able to suggest excellent work (including your own) to be featured as Daily Deviations. (You can find my guidelines for doing so on my profile page.) Thus, it is a team effort!
What about specifics, and how is this definition relevant to the Photomanipulation community? I want to share my thoughts and opinions with you, but before I do so I am interested in hearing YOUR thoughts and opinions.
So, please reply to this blog and tell me:
- What makes for an outstanding photomanipulation, in general?
- What are the qualities we should see in a photomanipulation DD?
- What other thoughts do you have about DDs? What do I need to know?
I can't wait to hear what you have to say!
Thanks to all.